Reverse Engineering Design is one of the most essential technologies today to recreate and optimize the existing physical parts/component for better result. 3D scanning is generally starting point for the reverse engineering design.3D scanning provide the digital XYZ point clouds data for representation of 3d scanned object. How do you rebuild the parts or optimize the existing part with this point clouds data.
This is where, reverse engineering CAD system come. There are few reverse engineering packages specially developed for this task, that is software is purposely created to convert 3D scan data into superior CAD models that are feature-based. From those Geomagic Design X is leading the reverse engineering designing use.
Well, unlike other reverse design software, Geomagic Design X is one of a it’s kind. It combines the history-based CAD with 3D scan data processing to enable you to create editable solid models, which are feature-based and compatible with your existing CAD software. The software has point cloud, surface, mesh, and solid hence; you can refer it to ‘all in one package.’
Some of Geomagic Design X features & Process
- It enables system import of over 60 file models inclusive of CAD, point clouds, and polygons.
- It’s fully incorporated with Geomagic capture scanners & has 3D scanner control tools that fit the most popular devices
- Geomagic Design X has the powerful mesh construction tool, which convert the point clouds data to triangular polygon mesh. Which also allow to combined , separate the point clouds data and smooth to remove noise during 3D scanning process.
- With mesh editing tools, software allow the further edit the converted or imported mesh by filling holes, smoothing, healing for folded poly faces, non-manifold. All theses tools try to clean and reduce the noises in the mesh.
- Automatic Surface Generation help the quickly get the surface -patched CAD model to initial reverse design construction, before further editing for clean surface/solid model. Sometimes with clean 3D scan data/mesh this automatic surface generated model can be used as final CAD model.
- 3D Modeling tools like 2D sketch, mesh sketch, 3D sketch, 3D sketch, solid modeling feature tools, Surface modeling tools and mesh fit surface tools help to reverse design the part step by step creating curves, surfaces, solid feature until complete the 3D model that match to 3D scanned mesh.
- Has live transfer which assists to convert the output of data to the leading CAD systems with feature based model. (Siemens NX, PTC Creo, CATIA, Solidworks, Inventor, SolidEdge & AutoCAD)
- Has automated accuracy analyzer, which help to check deviation of the reverse design model against 3D scanned data/mesh. By doing so for any high deviated area can be further edit to meet target tolerance level.
Why Should You Choose Geomagic Design X
Easy to use
If you have used CAD before, then using Geomagic Design X won’t be a hurdle. The tools for solid modeling are similar to those of CAD. Easy to use the mesh repair tools, optimizing and smoothing, polishing tools and rewrapping. Additionally, it utilizes an automatic surface to integrate organic shapes into your designs. The system is not complex as it skips the workflow of the traditional reversed engineering used in surface generation and painstaking polygon.
Improves your work performance
The software adds 3D scanning to the regular design process by complementing the entire design ecosystem. Geomagic Design X is not limited when it comes to the transfer of data unlike other models. It can transfer data to SolidEdge, Autodesk Inventor, Solidworks, PTC Creo, and CATIA. Lastly, it has the fastest industry design from scan tools hence reduces time to the market and saves you time.
Creates the impossible
The greatest thing about this software is its ability to develop products that cannot be designed without reverse engineering. You can start by using data from the real-world rather than starting from a blank space on the screen. You can easily create editable, feature-based CAD models from a 3D scanner and incorporate it into your engineering designs. Also, it can recreate complex geometry, which is difficult to measure in any other way.
It’s powerful and flexible
Geomagic Design X is purposefully created to convert 3D scan data to high-quality featured CAD models. Through it, you can virtually scan everything and create designs ready for manufacturing. It contains a combination of automatic and guided solid model extraction, the accurate surface to organic 3D scans, and point cloud processing.
With no doubt, Geomagic Design X is an excellent software. You can never go wrong with it. The numerous features and benefits it contains are out of this world.