Notifications
Clear all

Build plate Raft cause part bottom side more distorting

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter  

Hi,

I added the Raft build plate adhesion type for one of enclosure 3d print. The part is rectangular ( 95 mm x 135 mm) shape and bottom side is flat. And I kept bottom side to bed, therefore I used raft to provide more air gap to reduce any shrinkage/heat distortion.

Although after print and remove the raft layer the bottom side appear as more distortion with initial layers gap and 3d printed part bottom surface it's not smooth which on raft.

Do you guys have similar experience? and how do I improve bottom surface quality with raft build plate?

Raft Build Plate

3 D Printed Part Bottom Side

This topic was modified 2 years ago by Thelonious

ReplyQuote

Posted by: @arman

Hi,

I added the Raft build plate adhesion type for one of enclosure 3d print. The part is rectangular ( 95 mm x 135 mm) shape and bottom side is flat. And I kept bottom side to bed, therefore I used raft to provide more air gap to reduce any shrinkage/heat distortion.

Although after print and remove the raft layer the bottom side appear as more distortion with initial layers gap and 3d printed part bottom surface it's not smooth which on raft.

Do you guys have similar experience? and how do I improve bottom surface quality with raft build plate?

Have you tried printing directly on top of the build plate? may be Skirt or Brim build plate adhesion setting.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  
Posted by: @jacky

Yes, initially I tried with on top of Brim build plate to 3d print. Following you see there is more shrinkage issue arise in one edge area

3 D Print Distorted Bottom Side

ReplyQuote

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

*By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.