Notifications
Clear all

TPU filament 3D Printing with "Bowden Extruder" type 3d printer

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter  

Does anyone use the 3d printer with Bowden type extruder to print TPU/Flexible filaments?

I heard that, Bowden extruder doesn't provide the enough pressure to push the filament in advance. I just wanted to know any alternative solution has come-up with anyone before purchasing new 3d printer just to print TPU/Flexible materials. 

ReplyQuote

You wouldn't believe, how I print TPU with my  Bowden extruder 3d printer.

I unwrap the filament from it's filament-roller manually time to time, continuously that consumed filament to feed. That way extruder doesn't need to provide force to unwrap the filament for TPU roller.

Although, you need to continuously manually unwrap and feed the filament until 3d print finish, time.  

This post was modified 2 years ago by WiYa3D

ReplyQuote

Posted by: @josep

You wouldn't believe, how I print TPU with my  Bowden extruder 3d printer.

I unwrap the filament from it's filament-roller manually time to time, continuously that consumed filament to feed. That way extruder doesn't need to provide force to unwrap the filament for TPU roller.

Although, you need to continuously manually unwrap and feed the filament until 3d print finish, time.  

In addition to this make sure to keep your printing speed to low value & higher temperature for rated TPU. As I remember TPU need to print with much lower printing speed like 15 - 25 mm/s. 

Run few test sample with different speed/stetting and there you can fine tune optimal setting for your 3D printer with requirement.

This post was modified 2 years ago 2 times by Jacky

ReplyQuote

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

*By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.