Notifications
Clear all

Siemens NX? How do you guys like this software

12 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
Karter
Topic starter  

For all my wiya3d friends who used NX CAD, How do you guys like this software ? May i know pros and cos of this software How are the simulation capabilities?

ReplyQuote
River

I mostly use Solidworks and investor in my school. Compare to the other software Solidworks way more better in term of modeling. Currently i am using NX11 at my work and modeling and Autocad for older drawings 

ReplyQuote
Karter
Topic starter  
Posted by: @river

I mostly use Solidworks and investor in my school. Compare to the other software Solidworks way more better in term of modeling. Currently i am using NX11 at my work and modeling and Autocad for older drawings 

I am going to model a car but i am stuck which software should i select. I have three option Solidworks Autocad and NX11d

ReplyQuote
River

Posted by: @karter
Posted by: @river

I am going to model a car but i am stuck which software should i select. I have three option Solidworks Autocad and NX11d

NX would be the best choice for modeling than the other two. You can set tolerances very easily in every feature, and every feature seems to have options to change it to work exactly how you want 

ReplyQuote
Karter
Topic starter  

Any problem/drawback you faced with this software ?

ReplyQuote
River

Any problem/drawback you faced with this software ?

sometimes some of the features don't work at times when I know they would in solidworks, like when a blend/fillet meets a surface it didn't expect.

ReplyQuote

For simulation, I'd have to say that fluids wise, SolidWorks is way easier to use and manipulate the output files than NX. 

ReplyQuote
Karter
Topic starter  
Posted by: @malachi

For simulation, I'd have to say that fluids wise, SolidWorks is way easier to use and manipulate the output files than NX. 

Have you have ever used NX ?. I did some research and find that 80% of People giving votes to NX  

ReplyQuote

Posted by: @malachi

Have you have ever used NX ?. I did some research and find that 80% of People giving votes to NX  

I had never utilize NX for big projects aside from fun all alone, however SW certainly was simpler to set up and use. NX is excessively costly however. It's crazy.

ReplyQuote
Elliott

Siemens NX is pretty much the only CAD program with Linux support which is a nice plus.

ReplyQuote
Great Ruler Moderator

SolidWorks use parasolid kernal, which developed by Unigraphics NX. Hence every license of SW pay back portion to NX actualy.

NX is high end CAD/CAE/CAM software with everything integrated program for product development life cycle required. While SolidWorks is mid range CAD software. That gained more extra features whith third party add-in. But been said that SW is more user friendly than NX.

Most of the time SW great for general solid modeling, and has very limited tool to manipulate or create surface modeling. NX is more powerful in handling any complex / freeform surfacing.

Also, NX  has powerful reverse engineering module to work with 3D scan data. But in SW doesn't  have much tool to do stl to solid conversion or reverse engineering task at all.

If you are a currently SolidWorks user, you will notice larger the assembly it require more powerful PC comparing with NX.

And yes NX is quite expensive with comparing SW.

These are my few experiences of SW &  NX, in using different CAD softwares over the 10 years.

ReplyQuote

I think so NX will be a better option. 

ReplyQuote

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

*By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.