Notifications
Clear all

Importing Different Geometry to Same Creo Part File

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter  

I'm trying to import different external CAD data ( such as line of IGES, surface as Parasolid/STEP,..) to same CAD part file in Creo. Each time I open those file get opened in separate individual parts file.

Is there a method to open/or load number of external CAD data into single part file? I mean importing different CAD data to same part file?

ReplyQuote
Yoda
 Yoda
Jedi Master Moderator Registered

First, you need to understand that Creo doesn't allow or no capability to import different geometry data in same part file. It just get load in different part file for different type of external CAD (such as solid body, surfaces, curves, coordinate,...) data either in STEP, Parasolid, IGES, STL,... formats.

Yet Creo provide different approach to exchange different CAD data in between part/assembly file.

In order to exchange different CAD data you can use "Copy Geometry" tool to copy the require solid body, surface, curves, coordinate,.. to another Creo design/ file from different part/assembly file.

Grand Master Yoda

ReplyQuote

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

*By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.