Notifications
Clear all

convert my idea into the actual product / prototype

11 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter  

I want to convert my idea into the actual product / prototype. I just simple manufacture the product .is it myself and see if there would be any potential in the future. 

ReplyQuote

What kind of idea you're thinking? would better if you share with us

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  
Posted by: @spike

Its an dog leash (you know those normal things that you use to walk your dog and you can control the radius of the dog with a push of a button).

ReplyQuote

Posted by: @raylan

Its an dog leash (you know those normal things that you use to walk your dog and you can control the radius of the dog with a push of a button).

You can use cardboard and plastic scrap put together a basic prototype. You'll have to be creative here.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

You can use cardboard and plastic scrap put together a basic prototype. You'll have to be creative here.

Well, that's not so not so rough prototype

ReplyQuote

Well, that's not so not so rough prototype

Learn 3D CAD software like Autodesk Fusion 360 to create 3D files in STL format that you could send to a 3D printing service.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

The technology inside one of those isnt too complicated so would you think a prototype would be possible to manufacture via 3D printing

ReplyQuote

The technology inside one of those isnt too complicated so would you think a prototype would be possible to manufacture via 3D printing

Elaborate with example please 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

For example? My idea revolves around added mechanism to the leash which isnt too complicated either.

ReplyQuote

For example? My idea revolves around added mechanism to the leash which isnt too complicated either.

if your dog leash needs to be solid/hard, have it 3D printed. If your dog leash needs to be soft, use cardboard or something that is soft, use scissors cut that shape, and test the function

ReplyQuote

make a fake Photoshop image of you product and put it on ebay , measure the buyers intention. If you want to test it in person, try cardboard, or anything that allow to represent your product

ReplyQuote

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

*By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.