Non-manifold mesh i...

Notifications
Clear all

Non-manifold mesh issue in "Auto Surfacing"

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter  

I'm trying to generate auto surfacing for character model with Geomagic Design X. When I try to generate the setting with organic surface option, it's gave me error massage of

"The command can not be completed because the mesh has non-manifold geometry. Please run the Healing Wizard in the Polygon tab and try again."

Non Manifold Error

As mention, I tried healing the mesh with Healing Wizard and still no luck.

ReplyQuote
Yoda
 Yoda
Jedi Master Moderator Registered

Sometimes you will need to try "Healing Wizard" few times (2-3 times) in order to correct the mesh error as much as possible. During healing try fixing non-manifold mesh error that shown.

If still problem is there, you may need to export to Blender, Meshlab,.. like other polygon modeling software and correct the mesh issue. Then again import to Geomagic Design X to generate auto surfacing.

Grand Master Yoda

ReplyQuote
 Finn

Posted by: @mason

I'm trying to generate auto surfacing for character model with Geomagic Design X. When I try to generate the setting with organic surface option, it's gave me error massage of

"The command can not be completed because the mesh has non-manifold geometry. Please run the Healing Wizard in the Polygon tab and try again."

Non Manifold Error

As mention, I tried healing the mesh with Healing Wizard and still no luck.

Same happen to me over time, for my characters mesh. Now, what I usually do is, check and rectify, noise reduce and more heal the model with Blender & ZBrush for mesh errors. Then I import the character to Geomagic Design X for auto surfacing. This way I had no issue arises recently.

ReplyQuote

Posted by: @finn

Same happen to me over time, for my characters mesh. Now, what I usually do is, check and rectify, noise reduce and more heal the model with Blender & ZBrush for mesh errors. Then I import the character to Geomagic Design X for auto surfacing. This way I had no issue arises recently.

How do you clean the non manifold geometry in Blender?

Can you bit explain? is there specific tool or automatic process to follow?, I'm not much familiar with Blender yet I also facing these kind of mesh cleaning issues.

ReplyQuote

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

*By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.