Notifications
Clear all

Metal bodies design, What should i do now

10 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Maverick
Topic starter  

I am not expert in CAD but still i made a design by putting many hours. It consists many bodies of metal bodies and used the "flange" trick to bend the structure. Now i'd like to know your opinion friends.what am I supposed to do? I was able to design this but... I am not sure how to proceed :grinning face with smiling eyes: How do I get a FLAT drawing for each of these bodies that shows exactly the size as if it were laying on a table? 

ReplyQuote
Cooper

Did you design it with separate Components?

ReplyQuote
Maverick
Topic starter  

There's an other components with the same design which will be around this structure. I am sorry i am still learning and trying my best to dealing with components and assemblies. I attached the "f3d" file too

This post was modified 3 years ago 2 times by Maverick

ReplyQuote
Cooper

It should be represented flat on the same plane so that you can put dimensions on them. You can also do approximation if you make all of them invisible with the "look at" function 

This post was modified 3 years ago by Cooper

ReplyQuote
Maverick
Topic starter  
Posted by: @cooper

It should be represented flat on the same plane so that you can put dimensions on them. You can also do approximation if you make all of them invisible with the "look at" function 

That's sounds good, I am now working to design connectors to bolt all of them together.

ReplyQuote
Bryson

These would be separate components within the assembly

Take my suggest replicate this in Fusion with separate components rather than multi-body in one component. By doing this you'll surly able to Export to Step and Convert to Sheet Metal each component 

ReplyQuote
Maverick
Topic starter  
Posted by: @bryson

Take my suggest replicate this in Fusion with separate components rather than multi-body in one component. By doing this you'll surly able to Export to Step and Convert to Sheet Metal each component 

Thanks for the feedback, i just tried it and its actually works. But there's a problem you can not create your parts correctly.there are no bends and therefore the part in not uniform Thickness.

The CADWhisperer 0 1607542181201

ReplyQuote
Bryson

Posted by: @maverick
Posted by: @bryson

Thanks for the feedback, i just tried it and its actually works. But there's a problem you can not create your parts correctly.there are no bends and therefore the part in not uniform Thickness.

The CADWhisperer 0 1607542181201

Just delete all face except for one side, add the missing Bends and then Thicken and Convert to Sheet Metal. 

ReplyQuote
Roman

YOu can split and convert all the Components after that convert to sheet metal. What you're doing is using the sheet metal tools to create multi-body solids which making trouble for you design. Sheet metal should only be used one one body per Component.

ReplyQuote
Maverick
Topic starter  

Thanks for the feedback guys really appreciate 

ReplyQuote

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

*By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.