Notifications
Clear all

Free Cad software/replacement of solidworks

12 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Cooper
Topic starter  

I have free copy of solidWorks and got it from the schools as a high school student. The problem its subscription is running out soon I am looking to get another cad program but I really dont want to pay the $150 for the student edition
Anyone can recommend me free cad software

This topic was modified 3 years ago by WiYa3D

ReplyQuote
Maverick

Since you mentioned solidWorks, which mean you're not interested with digital pen and paper like DraftSight right ?

This post was modified 3 years ago by WiYa3D

ReplyQuote
Cooper
Topic starter  
Posted by: @maverick

Since you mentioned solid works, which mean you're not interested with digital pen and paper like DraftSight right ?

Not really since i am learning 2d animation with the software. Not interested with the 3D. Maybe yes in future 

ReplyQuote
Maverick

Posted by: @cooper

Since you mentioned solid works, which mean you're not interested with digital pen and paper like DraftSight right ?

Not really since i am learning 2d animation with the software. Not interested with the 3D. Maybe yes in future 

You should try "OnShape software". If you want to keeo your work public then this option will be good for you.Free tier has 100MB of private space available which you will eat up very quick. I

ReplyQuote
Cooper
Topic starter  

You should try "OnShape software". If you want to keeo your work public then this option will be good for you.Free tier has 100MB of private space available which you will eat up very quick. I

Thanks for the advice, may i know which your personal favourite free cad?.

ReplyQuote
Maverick

I personally use Fusion 360 Fusion360 -  It's totally free for education and students like you also startups making less than $100k per year, otherwise no limitations

ReplyQuote
Cooper
Topic starter  

I personally use Fusion 360 Fusion360 -  It's totally free for education and students like you also startups making less than $100k per year, otherwise no limitations

I checked some reviews for Fusion 360, is it worth for 2D module ?

ReplyQuote
Maverick

I checked some reviews for Fusion 360, is it worth for 2D module ?

2D module is a bit lacking,but you can have things done correctly with some workarounds

ReplyQuote
Roman

Inventor Pro is free for educational use, and Inventor LT is only $380 if OP ever decides to start using it for commercial work.

ReplyQuote
Bryson

Fusion 360 is actually very good, and that's coming from Solidworks.

ReplyQuote
Cooper
Topic starter  

Thanks for the advice friends. i will go with Fusion 360

ReplyQuote

Posted by: @roman

Inventor Pro is free for educational use, and Inventor LT is only $380 if OP ever decides to start using it for commercial work.

That's fantastic. 

ReplyQuote

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

*By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.