Notifications
Clear all

Which CAD programs is best to use for 3d modeling

12 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter  

Hello friends I am new here and want to make 3D modeling but, I am wonder which CAD programs is best to use for 3d modeling

This topic was modified 3 years ago by WiYa3D

ReplyQuote

Actually all the software are good for 3D modeling in term of which you're going to model. Different programs has different features. May i know which model you're going to start ?  

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

I got Makerbot Replicator and looking for CAD program for 3d modeling? I know how to use Photoshop and Illustrator so i am now hoping to find a program that is somewhat similar.

ReplyQuote

Photoshop and Illustrator are much different than the CAD Programs so first forget about it. 

For 3d printing, Rhino will out perform AutoCAD on every aspect, mainly price.. I love Rhino, I use it almost exclusively, and if you have any AutoCAD experience, it will translate well into Rhino,

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

Thanks, i also read that Rhino and auto CAD are great programs, but wanted to hear the opinions of more experienced people.

ReplyQuote

Rhino has a faster learning curve, and there are tons of plugins to increase your productivity

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

Glad to hear, about the the cost ? i heard its to much expensive ( around 500 USD ?)

ReplyQuote

many of them completely free. Rhino isn't as cheap as it used to be, I think now it's $599 (don't quote me on that).

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

Oh seriously, I would like to know your experience with this program before purchasing it. Do you used it before ?

ReplyQuote

I have also heard great things about Revit, but have no personal experience using it.

ReplyQuote

I love autodesk because of how many options you have. I was able to get it free as a student and it couldn't work better for accurate and fast parts. Exporting stl's just means hitting send to 3dprint service and saving it where you want it

ReplyQuote

If you're not afraid of feeling like a coder, OpenSCAD is very powerful, free and open source.

ReplyQuote

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

*By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.