Ergonomically improve remote controller shape help
we have project to develop more ergonomically improve remote controller design. There are lot of images with shape in internet, but we have no idea what is the best approach for the project.
Does anyone have an experience in ergonomics remote or hand held item design? that first we are trying to more focus on how to design better shape for the remote.
Sometimes back I happened to research on comfortable and ergonomic remote control design. And I will share brief summary in what I find, and that may be help in your design start-up
- Remote or remote handling position should be cylindrical or oval in shape.
- Preferred enclosure diameter 1.5". While recommended Min 1.2" and Max 1.8".
- Remote Length - Handle that is too short can cause unnecessary compression in the middle of the palm. The preferred handle length 5.5" with Min 4".
- Rounded/Padded handle will reduce any soft tissue compression.
- Avoid extreme and awkward joint positioning to the hand.