Notifications
Clear all

Is there anyone to export PBR material into FBX ?

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Elliott
Topic starter  

I create a model and its containing PBR material i use to put PBR material in " physical material slot" 3dsmax. when i export into OBJ and FBX , .. only model exported well but not material. Is there anyone to export PBR material into FBX ?

This topic was modified 3 years ago by WiYa3D

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
Beckett

PBR can be export from MAX into th fbx file. But you have to checked the FBX Exporter option since its not enabled by default

ReplyQuote
Elliott
Topic starter  
Posted by: @beckett

PBR can be export from MAX into th fbx file. But you have to checked the FBX Exporter option since its not enabled by default

I saw that option and i successfully enabled it, but how about the .obj format ? 

ReplyQuote
Beckett

Posted by: @elliott

I saw that option and i successfully enabled it, but how about the .obj format ? 

Well sorry to say but it can not be exported in .obj format.The *.obj file format carries limited material information

ReplyQuote
Elliott
Topic starter  

Well sorry to say but it can not be exported in .obj format.The *.obj file format carries limited material information

I heard .mtl file can help alternate of .obj. I never heard about this format. Can it helps me ? 

ReplyQuote
Beckett

I heard .mtl file can help alternate of .obj. I never heard about this format. Can it helps me ? 

An *.obj file is made of two parts: the *.obj object itself, and a *.mtl" file that lists the material files associated with the model and describes how they are applied to the vertices in the model.

I don't think it can be help full since its work same as .obj

ReplyQuote
Jeremy

Elliott is right, you can easily export it into FBX but you have enable the option where it can not be exported as an .obj. You can remake it 

ReplyQuote

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

*By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.