Clear all

what should I be doing now?

10 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter  

I am learning Basic things of Adobe XD from YouTube

what should I be doing now?
Should I copy and try to recreate apps that already exist?

ReplyQuote

What are you trying to learn? Are you just trying to become more proficient with the tool? 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  
Posted by: @zayden

What are you trying to learn? Are you just trying to become more proficient with the tool? 

I'm trying to become proficient enough to get a job

ReplyQuote

Posted by: @raylan
Posted by: @zayden

I'm trying to become proficient enough to get a job

You can learn Adobe XD in a few days. That’s not going to be enough to get a job. What else are you studying? How are you studying? Are you in school?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

Well i am trying to learn about the recreate an app called headspace with Adobe XD.

ReplyQuote

Well i am trying to learn about the recreate an app called headspace with Adobe XD.

You can not get a job with few YoutTube lectures. You need at least 2 or 3 year experience. What's your degree relate to ?. Are you graduate ? 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  
Posted by: @spike

You can not get a job with few YoutTube lectures. You need at least 2 or 3 year experience. What's your degree relate to ?. Are you graduate ? 

I graduated college, but my degree was in something completely unrelated and I'm trying to change fields into UX

ReplyQuote

I don't think your collage degree helps you for the job. Anyways i can give you some tips 

start with researching for 1. User needs (in my opinion the most important) and 2. Businessgoals.

Now start sketching ideas, wireframes or even write down what you want. Draw lines, connect the dots. Experiment.

ReplyQuote

If you're going to do that, I would suggest trying to improve the UX of an app that already exists. Might be able to use it as part of a beginning portfolio piece in the future.

By the way going to need a little more context... What's your overarching goal? Why did you decide to learn Adobe XD?

This post was modified 3 years ago by Tucson

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  
Posted by: @spike

I don't think your collage degree helps you for the job. Anyways i can give you some tips 

start with researching for 1. User needs (in my opinion the most important) and 2. Businessgoals.

Now start sketching ideas, wireframes or even write down what you want. Draw lines, connect the dots. Experiment.

Thanks for the tip

I chose Adobe XD because I don't have a Mac and I've been told it's the best windows alternative. My goal is getting a job in UX

ReplyQuote

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

*By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.