Notifications
Clear all

Program to get comfortable with?

12 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter  

So i am making portfolio to start a my new projects. I am good/expert in XD, but since most of companies prefer InVision and Sketch so i am confused

In your opinion, which is the more "important" or, "must know" program to get comfortable with?

ReplyQuote

Different organizations use different tools, but Sketch is most common. Its easy to utilise so you can go with it

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  
Posted by: @spike

Different organizations use different tools, but Sketch is most common. Its easy to utilise so you can go with it

Thanks, price is also a concern for me. What's the price of sketich for one time charge ?

ReplyQuote

Posted by: @raylan

Thanks, price is also a concern for me. What's the price of sketich for one time charge ?

If price is a concern, it doesn't have to be. Sketch is only a one-time $99 charge if you don't mind not getting updates 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

If price is a concern, it doesn't have to be. Sketch is only a one-time $99 charge if you don't mind not getting updates 

I see, but the $99 seems look expensive for me. I'm not making any money off my designs, purely for building portfolio

ReplyQuote

I see, but the $99 seems look expensive for me. I'm not making any money off my designs, purely for building portfolio

Figma and Invision both offer their products for free, and offer premium services and flexibility for an extra charge 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

Thank you so much, What about the XD I'm pretty well versed in XD

ReplyQuote

Thank you so much, What about the XD I'm pretty well versed in XD

XD isn't used much in my experience since it's severely lacking behind competitors 

ReplyQuote

XD has come a long way. It now does limited animations (Auto animate!) and transitions and leverages component libraries. I work for a large tech company and we use XD to design desktop applications. That being said, we are completely PC based company, so sketch isn't an option.

ReplyQuote

Give Framer X a try 🙂

ReplyQuote

Posted by: @zayden

Give Framer X a try 🙂

what’s the value added of Framer X in your opinion?

ReplyQuote

Posted by: @tucson
Posted by: @zayden

Give Framer X a try 🙂

what’s the value added of Framer X in your opinion?

It's code is reusable, so are component objects that get maid. It's also very close to the real thing on mobile prototyping. It's learning curve is massively steeper though. 

ReplyQuote

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

*By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.