Notifications
Clear all

Edit STL file

12 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter  

I have an STL file an looking to edit it. I've never edited such file I've tried importing the mesh into Fusion 360 but that won't let me edit it. I've also tried meshmixer but haven't found a way

ReplyQuote
Elliott

If you're using Windows 10, then there is 3d builder app its free and works better for simple edits

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  
Posted by: @elliott

If you're using Windows 10, then there is 3d builder app its free and works better for simple edits

Thanks, there's more cool features out there

ReplyQuote
Elliott

Posted by: @malachi

Thanks, may i know what you want to edit it ? 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

Thanks, may i know what you want to edit it ? 

Actually i made some chess pieces for a magnetic table I was working on. I forgot to make a circular hole in the base of them

ReplyQuote
Elliott

I am wonder why you want to edit STL file when you can re-import your models files ?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

I am wonder why you want to edit STL file when you can re-import your models files ?

For some reason i lost the files for the models, all but the stl files.

ReplyQuote
Karter

I hate to work with mesh files i had bad experience with it. always pretty ugly - but it can be done by converting mesh file in brep

This post was modified 3 years ago by Karter

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  
Posted by: @karter

I hate to work with mesh files i had bad experience with it. always pretty ugly - but it can be done by converting mesh file in brep

Can i convert it on brep ?. It will become more easy if you tech me to covert it in brep  

ReplyQuote
Karter

Can i convert it on brep ?. It will become more easy if you tech me to covert it in brep  

whenever i lost my file i convert it on brep by following step import the mesh and then click on the settings (gear) icon down in the bottom right - pick "do not capture design history". From there you can right click the mesh and convert it to brep, which is a solid that can be edited. 

ReplyQuote
River

TinkerCAD is by far the easiest way to edit STL files. It is free and online.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

whenever i lost my file i convert it on brep by following step import the mesh and then click on the settings (gear) icon down in the bottom right - pick "do not capture design history". From there you can right click the mesh and convert it to brep, which is a solid that can be edited. 

Oh my God, you're genius. i've struggled a lot with this before so this really helped me out!

ReplyQuote

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

*By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.