Notifications
Clear all

STL file Import Issue "Failed to import the selected file"

5 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
Topic starter  

Hi 

I'm having issue in importing stl files to the Geomagic Design X. When I try to import stl file the following massage appear

"Failed to import the selected file. File may be corrupted or an invalid format"

I tested with few stl files, that load with other CAD software. Now I'm sure some issue in importing STL files to Design X. What's the issue here any help?

This topic was modified 2 years ago by WiYa3D

ReplyQuote
Great Ruler Moderator

It's bit strange, even STL file format invented by 3D System, which developed Geomagic Design X.

Does "STL Files" listed on importing file types drop down menu?

Murphy reacted
ReplyQuote
Topic starter  
Posted by: @thelonious

It's bit strange, even STL file format invented by 3D System, which developed Geomagic Design X.

Does "STL Files" listed on importing file types drop down menu?

I checked, there is no STL file type listed

Geomagic Design X Import File Types

Does my software has installed with limited features? you state that STL invented by 3D System, then how stl file types not listed first place?

ReplyQuote
Great Ruler Moderator

yes, It's seems, the software package you have installed has limited features, some reason. In original Geomagic Design X support over 60 file format types to import. Try to re-install the software with complete package first.

This post was modified 2 years ago by Thelonious

Murphy reacted
ReplyQuote
Topic starter  
Posted by: @thelonious

yes, It's seems, the software package you have installed has limited features, some reason. In original Geomagic Design X support over 60 file format types to import. Try to re-install the software with complete package first.

I contact the agent and re-install the software completely. And you are correct there was something wrong with my initial installation. Now STL files import without any issue.

ReplyQuote

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

*By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.