Notifications
Clear all

Issue with Extrusion of a circle in a 2D sketch

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter  

Hi there,

I tried to reverse engineer a plate with several round holes in Geomagic Design X. Therefore I did a 2D-Sketch creating the needed holes with the circle function. The problem is that the extruded hole have many edges instead of one round edge.(See the picture) Is there any setting that can cause this unprecise extrusion?  Or is it just a display resolution problem? The display setting is set to 5 (medium). My PC struggles at higher resolutions 🙁

Any suggestions are welcomed.

ReplyQuote
Great Ruler Moderator

At glance look, it's looks like having Graphics/Display issue with your PC. Having not enough Graphics/VGA power & RAM, cause this kind of appearance of edges in any CAD software

image 2022 06 08 133843636

What's your PC spec / VGA card detail?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

Ok thats what I thought as well. It's an workstation from my work with a Intel Xeon W-1270P CPU with 32GB RAM and a Nvidia Quadro P2200 inside. It normally handles CAD-programs quite well, but it might have a problem with this one. Is there a way to check, if the generated CAD-Model really has the unprecise shape within the software?

ReplyQuote
Great Ruler Moderator

Posted by: @hasano20

Ok thats what I thought as well. It's an workstation from my work with a Intel Xeon W-1270P CPU with 32GB RAM and a Nvidia Quadro P2200 inside. It normally handles CAD-programs quite well, but it might have a problem with this one. Is there a way to check, if the generated CAD-Model really has the unprecise shape within the software?

This is pretty much better configuration for CAD, specially you have any CAD recommended Quadro VGA.

Can you post, what are the setting under 

Preference -> Display -> OpenGL 

Preference -> Hardware -> OpenGL Render Setup

Open GL Setting

Open GL Render Setting

This post was modified 2 years ago by WiYa3D

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

Ok, the settings are mostly the same except in Enabling Animation and Shader Rendering Acceleration. I dont think that these might be the reason for my issue. I will try it out with your settings.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

I forgot the picture of the hardware setup 🙂

ReplyQuote

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

*By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.