Notifications
Clear all

Export Measurements in Geomagic Design X

9 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
Topic starter  

Hi,

Does anybody know if measurements can be exported from Geomagic Design X? Or is there some workaround to do the same thing?

This topic was modified 2 years ago by Thelonious

ReplyQuote
Great Ruler Moderator

Posted by: @zleroy

Hi,

Does anybody know if measurements can be exported from Geomagic Design X? Or is there some workaround to do the same thing?

To be more clear, do you want to export the measurements that marked/shown in stl that you have measured? 

In Design X there is no option/feature to export the measurements, that we measured like in  below shown. If you can bit elaborate, what's your purpose? then we can understand the requirement.

Export Measurement Geomagic Design X

This post was modified 2 years ago by WiYa3D

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

Yes, those are the measurements I am talking about.

I have irregular shaped ridges traced from a scan. I measured the distances between them and would like to get the measurements in table form and do some stats on them elsewhere. The location of the measurements is not important, just the numbers.

This post was modified 2 years ago by ZLeRoy

ReplyQuote
Great Ruler Moderator

Yes, those are the measurements I am talking about.

I have irregular shaped ridges traced from a scan. I measured the distances between them and would like to get the measurements in table form and do some stats on them elsewhere. The location of the measurements is not important, just the numbers.

Only possible shortcut, that I see, is to copy the individual measurement value

Select the measurement to copy

Click the Measurement to copy

Then, the right side " Properties" tab appear and there select the dimension value and Ctrl + C to copy the value

Select the Dimension Value

Then you have ability to copy/paste each individual dimension values of measurements to whatever documents

Copied Dimension

This post was modified 2 years ago 2 times by Thelonious

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

Right, that's what I have been doing, but then it seems that it would just be better to do the measurements in other software if they have to be bulk-processed.

ReplyQuote
Great Ruler Moderator

Right, that's what I have been doing, but then it seems that it would just be better to do the measurements in other software if they have to be bulk-processed.

Ok, if you have bulk measurement data and which are distance gaps. Follow this steps.

Step 01 - First mark the end point on stl/mesh that use for measurements

Mark The Point on Distance

Step 02 - Export the point data as .CSV file which is more compatible with any spreadsheet.

Step 03 - You can use the .csv export locational X, Y & Z point values to do simple math calculation. And find the direct gap between Point 01 - Point 02,,and so on,Point Gap Calculation

Point Gap Measured Values

You can compare the measured values and calculated point gaps. Hope this will help for your requirement.

This post was modified 2 years ago 3 times by Thelonious

ZLeRoy reacted
ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

Thank you, that's so simple but quite ingenuous! But what about angle measurements?

ReplyQuote
Great Ruler Moderator

Thank you, that's so simple but quite ingenuous! But what about angle measurements?

You can use same points export XYZ locational data to calculate Radius & Angle.

Radius/or diameter can be represent as two points gap,

Angle can be calculated as two lines angles that, represent the two lines gap either three points or four points. Only this time the math equation bit get lengthy/advance.

ZLeRoy reacted
ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

Thank you so much! This was extremely helpful.

ReplyQuote

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

*By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.