Notifications
Clear all

Looking for SolidWork License

14 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
Maverick
Topic starter  

I had a semester of Solid Works in university and i am looking for legitimate license at home for personal development. I can not spend thousand of dollars in a license since i am just a student and can't bother my parents for it. Is there any legitimate way to purchase a discounted

This topic was modified 3 years ago by WiYa3D

ReplyQuote
Bryson

CAD software don't really expect their clients to buy license especially for students like you. They don't mind you using a pirated version. Other software like Photoshop and Inventor isn't meant for personal use 

ReplyQuote
Maverick
Topic starter  

@bryson

Yes. I've learned Inventor in my collages days and i am continued to use it on my personal. They also offer free student license and they support a lot. But what i am looking is setting up macros inSolid Works. The facts us i do't imagine will translate between the two software

ReplyQuote
Bryson

@maverick

How does Inventor compare to SolidWorks for you? I've never really used SW

ReplyQuote
Maverick
Topic starter  

@bryson

I use both software and both are basically same. They've different little things which pissed you off, but at the end they do good job Inventor is more intuitive with parametric stuff, but either one works for me.

ReplyQuote
Cooper

I suggest you Autodesk. I have free home copies since i start using it and while i don't use it in my current job.
Also there's FreeCAD too which isn't nearly as solid works but at last they're free and improving 

ReplyQuote
Maverick
Topic starter  

@cooper

As i said i had use d Autodesk, i am not sure about FreeCAD tool. What's your experience is it useful to made block diagram level mockups ? /

ReplyQuote
Cooper

@maverick

I use it to open 3D design and combining result. Its useful and worth to stand in any contest in which 3D files are used
Of course! I've used it for block diagram level mockups of how things will go together mechanically 

This post was modified 3 years ago by Cooper

ReplyQuote
Maverick
Topic starter  
Posted by: @cooper

@maverick

I use it to open 3D design and combining result. Its useful and worth to stand in any contest in which 3D files are used
Of course! I've used it for block diagram level mockups of how things will go together mechanically 

Thanks for you opinion. I will surly go into it. Since its free and similar to the solidworkers i will go with it 

ReplyQuote
Roman

Autodesk Fusion 360 is free for personal uses and this software is the alternative for home use 

ReplyQuote
Maverick
Topic starter  

Thanks for the suggest i will go with FreeCAD and Autodesk Fusion 360

ReplyQuote

Posted by: @maverick

Don't forget to share your experience. Thank you

ReplyQuote

Posted by: @maverick

Perfect!

ReplyQuote
bomb
 bomb

Hello @maverick, did this work? I have the same issue today. Was wondering whether you were successful. 

ReplyQuote

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

*By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.