Notifications
Clear all

How easy CATIA ?

13 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter  

Hi friends i am going to start learning CATIA and before start i would like to ask that How easy is it to learn CATIA ? Any body her with the experience in solid works ?

ReplyQuote

Why you're learning this software ? and reason for compering with the Soilidworks for me both have different features ?. It would better if you stick with one 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  
Posted by: @ezekiel

Hi friends i am going to start learning CATIA and before start i would like to ask that How easy is it to learn CATIA ? Any body her with the experience in solid works ?

Actually i am looking for a job and they required experience in CATIA, 've had 2+ years of Solidworks experience thought it helps to me prepared for the job or CAD test which may take me to the interview seat ?

ReplyQuote

Posted by: @colton

Why you're learning this software ? and reason for compering with the Soilidworks for me both have different features ?. It would better if you stick with one 

I went from Solidworks to Creo to Catia dependant on customer requirements. IMO it was fairly easy. I'm sure you'll pick it up quick if you're a Solidworks veteran.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

Thanks may i know the mechanism and concepts of both software ?

ReplyQuote

The mechanics and concepts are all relatively similar across CAD software. My challenges in finding help came from the differences in nomenclature.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

Example ?

ReplyQuote

For example, it's hard to search for help with an extruded cut when Catia calls it a "pocket".

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

Which course can help me to learn CATIA ?

ReplyQuote

YouTube tutorials can help don't buy any other course Catia can also feel dated at times, but is very customizable.

ReplyQuote

Don't forget Catia is also a DS product, and at the end of the day they're both similar systems. In fact, Catia's latest versions (V6) are starting to emulate the solidworks gui-feel.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

Yeah, I knew they were both from the same company, but good to know that they seem to be converging their interfaces. Thanks!

ReplyQuote

CATIA is easy to learn, to be honest, once you know a CAD software, you nearly know them all. They all have their own specials stuff, but the basics are the same.

ReplyQuote

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

*By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.