Notifications
Clear all

AutoDesk Desktop App and the Licensing problem

11 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Jeremy
Topic starter  

i Recently download AutoCAD Maya and purchase the license but would not like to have the mandatory Desktop app and the checking tool simply because it consumes CPU usage and I can't find the setting to have it NOT start up and NOT be in the background upon loading up my computer.

ReplyQuote
Kaleb

Which version you're using ?

ReplyQuote
Jeremy
Topic starter  
Posted by: @kaleb

I am using the latest version ( 2020 ) I'm very tired of this as it is eating my CPU - I absolutely hate that, it is my pet peeve. Is there anyway to get it to stop doing this?

ReplyQuote
Kaleb

Posted by: @jeremy

I am using the latest version ( 2020 ) I'm very tired of this as it is eating my CPU - I absolutely hate that, it is my pet peeve. Is there anyway to get it to stop doing this?

I've doubt with your processor. It's a significant source of CPU consumption. I think your CPU is weak and can not handle the software or something wrong with the installation

ReplyQuote
Charlie

If your cpu isn't 2.5ghz or better, you may want a better machine, if youre having processor related program lag.

ReplyQuote
Kaleb

Posted by: @charlie

If your cpu isn't 2.5ghz or better, you may want a better machine, if youre having processor related program lag.

You're right, If it's taking a lot of processor, try mapping it to another core, or doing a full uninstall and reinstall of it. Look for the uninstall instructions for clean up on their website.

ReplyQuote
Jeremy
Topic starter  

You're right, If it's taking a lot of processor, try mapping it to another core, or doing a full uninstall and reinstall of it. Look for the uninstall instructions for clean up on their website.

You'll be surprised but i am using 4.2GHz processor. I just want to get rid from these background processes and have noticed issues with them, but yeah a reinstall might help

ReplyQuote
Kaleb

Posted by: @jeremy

You'll be surprised but i am using 4.2GHz processor. I just want to get rid from these background processes and have noticed issues with them, but yeah a reinstall might help

That's wired, Do you have headroom on the cpu? If you do, don't worry about it.

ReplyQuote
Jeremy
Topic starter  

That's wired, Do you have headroom on the cpu? If you do, don't worry about it.

It should I believe. It's been functioning wonderfully It was very sluggish when I used to have it at 3.3

ReplyQuote
Beckett

You should uninstall it, It's not necessary for license checks. The application has it's own sign in without needing the app.

ReplyQuote
Jeremy
Topic starter  
Posted by: @beckett

You should uninstall it, It's not necessary for license checks. The application has it's own sign in without needing the app.

Hm, theres an error message that says I need it though when I uninstall it

ReplyQuote

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

*By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.